At first I wasn’t going to share this special secret sauce that was totally last minute touch to a boring oyster sauce and garlic sauteed clams. Most of the clam dishes are sauteed in black bean sauce or something predictable. I wanted something totally different that brings out that extra bold flavor in the clams… low and behold, there it was… room temperature butter awaits me! It tasted so damn good, I had to share it!
2-3 lbs. of shortneck clams (please read the directions carefully on how to clean your clams)
2-3 tbsp. oyster sauce
lots of garlic smashed or chopped
2 tbsp. of butter
2 tbsp. Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper
Green onions roughly chopped for garnishing
Steam your clams for about 10 min. in a steamer before sauteing it.
- In a hot wok or pan, put in the olive oil and garlic
- Stir in the oyster sauce and butter
- Put in the clams and stir until the sauce is evenly distribute on medium heat
- Season the clams with salt & pepper
- Let it cook for about 15-20 min. when the clams have completely open
- At this point, you can put in the pepper flakes and put on a pretty plate to serve!